- 8.1 million residents who have health care coverage through an employer or purchase it themselves will be better protected against insurance company abuses.
- 3 million families will have access to tax credits and other assistance to help reduce the cost of their health care premiums.
- 2.2 million senior citizens will have improved Medicare and pay less in prescription drug costs.
- 262,800 small businesses will be eligible for tax credits to help pay the cost of health care for their employees.
- 143,600 residents with pre-existing conditions can no longer be denied coverage.
Tuesday, March 30, 2010
While health care reform is helping millions of Americans across the country, below is a look at how Pennsylvanians with and without insurance will see real benefits as a result of the legislation: